Our 10th annual Fall Festival is just around the corner and we are as excited as ever! This years festival will be benefitting Dare to Care Food Bank, the largest non profit food bank organization in Kentuckiana. We feel passionate about sustainable food systems and doing our part to help end hunger.
Did you know that:
- 1 in 6 individuals in our community is at risk of hunger.
- 1 in 5 children lacks enough food to live an active, healthy life.
- Dare to Care provided more than 19 million meals to our community last year.
- Dare to Care distributed more than 7 million pounds of fresh produce last year.
- Dare to Care serves 134,000 children, adults and seniors each year.
- Dare to Care partners with nearly 300 food pantries, shelters and kitchens in Kentuckiana.
- Dare to Care serves 8 counties in Kentucky and 5 counties in Southern Indiana.
- $1 donation = food for 3 meals.
- 28% of Dare to Care’s clients are children.
- There are more than 181,000 food-insecure individuals in Kentuckiana.
- 5,180 Oldham County residents are at risk of hunger.
- 79% of the people Dare to Care serves have to choose between buying groceries and paying for medicine or medical care.
We hope you will join us this Saturday, October 14th from 10-6 for fall fun complete with games, hayrides, a corn maze and so much more. Your participation will support people in our community who need it the most.