I have to admit – the weather for our first Woodland Wee Folk Session has been dreadful. It has rained nearly every class. Despite the weather, some of our wee friends (and their not-so-wee grown-ups!) courageously trekked around the farm in the rain. Regardless of the weather, each class began in our cozy Farm Center with playtime, then an active circle with seasonal songs and poems, followed by a simple and nutritious snack time. One can’t deny that those indoor times are wonderful to experience. The children seem engaged and happy to be here on the farm.
Session #2 begins on April 28 and will run every other Saturday for four classes. The day will begin at 9:30am and end after our walk at 11:30am.
So, what can you expect during Session #2?
- LESS RAIN & MORE TIME OUTSIDE. Okay, so I can’t really guarantee less rain, but I’m hopeful we will have less rain and more sunshine! With the temperatures warming up, we will spend even more time outside on the farm.
- WATCH YOUR FOOD GROW. Our partner growers will be working every day to get ready for farmer’s markets, CSAs, and CSKs (visit Duck Duck Beet and Pavel’s Garden to learn more!) and we can watch vegetables and flowers grow from week to week. (Yay, science!)
- WATCH BABY COWS! We are expecting over 100 calfs on this year, so you’ll definitely get to see some babies! Can you count them? (Yay, math!)
- MORE DELICIOUS SNACKS. During the first session, we enjoyed yogurt and granola, fruit, porridge, and a hamburger pie with Foxhollow’s 100% grassfed beef! Woohoo for healthy foods!
- GATHER WITH NEW FOLKS. Part of our mission at Foxhollow is to heal our community – we want families on the farm, experiencing what is has to offer, and meeting new people. (Yay, social interaction and communication!)