A Picnic Perfect Ground Beef Recipe
It’s officially picnic season! The perfect picnic includes farm-fresh food, the great outdoors, and room to play. Whether you're in your backyard, out in the woods, or chilling on a boat; Foxhollow Farm’s 100% grassfed ground beef is the perfect picnic companion. This recipe is creative, simple, and travels well. It can be made throughout the seasons, in an assortment of variations. We made our Bag o’ Nachos with our 100% Grassfed 80/20 ground beef. However, try featuring beans, ground lamb or ground bison.
Bag o’ Nachos
- 1 pound Foxhollow Farm grassfed ground beef Seasoned a la Lindsey Mcclave
- 4 Snack size bags of tortilla chips or Fritos
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of cooked beans or 1 8 oz. can of beans
- Sour Cream
- Limes, sliced
- Seasonal flavors: radishes, pickled red onions, jalapenos, red bell peppers, heirloom tomatoes, sweet corn, sweet potatoes, kale.
For the ground beef:
Lindsey McClave’s taco seasoning is perfect. Delight in following her recipe for the ground beef!
For the assembly:
If you can find smaller bags of tortilla chips or Fritos, great. If not, a wax or parchment paper snack bag works well. You are going to layer chips, ground beef, beans, and cheese in the bag so there is always a yummy topping. Place a handful of chips at the bottom of the bag, add the cheese, beans, and seasoned ground beef. Place another handful of chips on top and add more cheese, beans, and seasoned ground beef. Top with sour cream, salsa, and lime slices. Add any additional seasonal toppings and enjoy!