Foxhollow Farm’s Fall Festival has grown from a small party to the premier fall event in Oldham County. Our 2017 Fall Festival welcomed 7,000 of our friends and neighbors to the farm. With the support of our community, we were able to donate $15,000 to Dare to Care Food Bank. In the last eight years, Foxhollow Farm has donated more than $100,000 in Fall Festival proceeds to Maryhurst and Dare to Care
About the Farm
Foxhollow Farm is located 15 miles northeast of downtown Louisville in Crestwood, KY. We are easily accessible from I-71 or the Gene Snyder. The farm is managed by 3rd and 4th generation mother and daughter team. We are committed to Organic and Biodynamic farming, sustainability, and strengthening the relationship between humans and nature.
About the Fundraiser
Proceeds from the Fall Festival help the community in these ways:
- Aid Dare to Care Food Bank in their mission to lead the community to feed the hungry and conquer the cycle of need. Dare to Care Food Bank will use the funds from the Fall Festival to increase their clients’ access to fresh fruits and vegetables, which can be difficult for struggling families to acquire. Dare to Care Food Bank plans to distribute at least 6.6 million pounds of fresh produce in the next year, through their network of more than 300 local social service agencies, such as food pantries, shelters and emergency kitchens.
- Increase access to fresh produce at Dare to Care Food Bank’s 30 mobile pantry sites, which ensure families can procure nutritious foods regardless of where they live.
- Educate the community through Dare to Care Food Bank’s "Cooking Matters," a nutrition outreach program that empowers families with the skills, knowledge and confidence to prepare healthy and affordable meals. Dare to Care offers four different courses for adults, families, teens and children
- Underwrite cost to host series of Maryhurst educational field trips throughout the year at Foxhollow Farm as part of our Outreach Program. The trips at our working farm are designed to give the clients memorable, positive experiences that enrich their lives, facilitate independence, and excite creativity. Past groups have made art pieces using natural found objects, enjoyed private concerts from celebrated local musicians, and learned how to use fresh produce to cook seasonal meals at home.
- Underwrite costs of land access and learning for beginning and aspiring farmers through the Foxhollow Farm Partner Grower Program.
Use the tabs on the left for more information about the 2018 Festival.