We had such a great time hosting young foodies for an interactive cooking class at the farm. We dug potatoes from the garden, collected eggs and created a delicious meal of meatballs with Tzatziki sauce and roasted potatoes. The kids enjoyed being a part of the entire process, from harvest to prepping ingredients and then at last enjoying the fruits of their labor. Check out our class recipes below. We are looking forward to hosting events like these in the future!
Grassfed Beef Meatballs
Makes 24-26 Small Meatballs
● 1lb Foxhollow Farm ground beef
● 1⁄4 cup puffed rice cereal
● 1⁄4 cup whole milk
● 1 carrot, small dice
● 1⁄2 onion, small dice
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● 1 large egg
● 1⁄4 tsp red pepper flakes
● 1 tsp dried oregano
● 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
● 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
● 3⁄4 tsp kosher salt
● 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
● 1 tbs olive oil
● Preheat the oven to 400°. Place rice cereal and milk in a small bowl. Allow to sit and
absorb, thickening and becoming very soft.
● Set a pan over medium heat. Add one tbs of olive oil and warm before adding onion and
carrot to the pan. Sauté for five to ten minutes until veggies have softened and the onion
is translucent. Add the garlic and cook for one minute, until fragrant. Remove from the
heat and set aside.
● While the veggies are cooking add the following to a large bowl: beef, egg, red pepper
flakes, oregano, worcestershire, parmesan, salt, and pepper. When veggies have
finished cooking and cooled, add them to the bowl as well, along with the rice cereal and
● Using your hands, mix until everything is distributed evenly throughout the meat.
● Take approximately two tbs of the meat and roll into a small ball in the palm of your
hand, making a 1.5 inch diameter ball.
● *Once all of the beef mixture has been rolled out, place the meatballs on a plate and set
in the refrigerator for twenty minutes to an hour.
● Transfer the meatballs to a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes, flip, and then continue
cooking for an additional 5 minutes. Transfer from the oven to a platter and serve with
tzatziki sauce alongside.
*Chilling the meatballs helps them stay together however this step is optional.
Makes 1 cup
● 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
● 1⁄2 cucumber
● 1 lemon, zested
● 1 clove garlic, grated
● 1 tbs minced fresh dill
● kosher salt
● black pepper
● Slice the cucumber in half, lengthwise, and use a spoon to remove any seeds. Grate
seeded cucumber on a box grater and place grated cucumber in a paper towel, two
towels thick. Wrap the paper towels around the cucumber and squeeze over the sink,
removing as much water from the cucumber as possible.
● Placed drained cucumber in a bowl and add the yogurt, 1 tsp lemon zest, the juice from
1⁄2 of the lemon, grated garlic, the dill, 1⁄8 tsp salt and 1⁄8 tsp black pepper. Mix until well
blended. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if preferred. Serve alongside
meatballs and roasted potatoes.