Foxhollow has recently partnered with Anoosh Bistro, a local eatery on Brownsboro Rd. that offers delicious local food with globally inspired takes. Restauranteur Anoosh Shariat and executive chef Mark Ford put together a fabulous menu featuring our 100% Grassfed Beef in the seasonal "Bao Mac" burger and our NY Strip Steak. We talked with Chef Mark about his vision for the restaurant, as well as new and exciting events on the horizon.
1. Introduce yourself! Who are you, and what would you like to share about your restaurant?My name is Mark Ford and I’m head chef at Anoosh Bistro in Louisville, Kentucky. Anoosh Bistro has a relaxed fine dinning atmosphere where a diner can experience the bounty of our local ingredients presented in a thoughtful and elegant manner. We are located at 4864 Brownsboro Center Road and our hours of operation are from 5-10 pm Monday through Saturday.
2. Why do you choose Foxhollow? Foxhollow Farm represents our dedication to sustainable farming. It is important to us to chose products that are healthful to our guests as well as to our environment.
3. What has been your favorite experience with our product or farm? We have really enjoyed experimenting with the products over the last several months finding the best ways to highlight grass fed beef and really let it be the shining star of a dish. Right now on our menu we are crusting a NY strip with pink peppercorns and doing a play on classic steak au poivre meets KY red eye gravy with summer succotash, roasted fingerling potatoes and aquaponic pea shoots from our friends at Groganica Farm.
4. What is your favorite recipe for 100% Grassfed Beef? My favorite recipe so far falls in line with our dedication to responsible farming and eating. We have been participating in the James Beard Blended Burger Project where 75% beef is blended with 25% cultivated mushrooms to create a delicious and nutritious burger. We call our burger “The Bao Mac” wich is a nod to the Big Mac with an Asian twist. We serve two patties on a Chinese steamed buns with our kimchi secret sauce, spicy pickles and shredded lettuce.
5. What are you most excited for during the rest of the summer? Any exciting events you’d like to promote or highlight? Our participation in the James Beard Blended Burger Project goes through the end of July so don’t miss your opportunity to stop by Noosh Nosh to try our original creation. I will also be doing a dinner on July 14th at MESA “a collaborative kitchen” in New Albany with a menu inspired by my Italian grandmother. August 10th I will be teaching and demonstrating for a class at Cooking at Millie’s. Between June 25th and June 30th we will be donating a potion on all of our sales to Gilda’s Club that provides free support for those battling cancer as we roll out our new summer menu featuring our Foxhollow NY Strip steak.