Here are some steps to thawing beef quickly.
It’s inevitable. You need to thaw your frozen 100% Grassfed Beef pronto. The good news is, you can actually thaw our vacuum sealed, flash frozen grassfed beef pretty quickly. If you have your freezer stocked with some of Foxhollow Farm’s 100% Grassfed Beef way to go! You are ahead of the game and a well-prepared home cook.
Perhaps you decide to invite your neighbor over for dinner and need to thaw 2 extra steaks. Your brother-in-law shows up unannounced Sunday afternoon and he is hungry - did someone say tacos? You thought you were eating out but your kid gets sick and it’s time for plan B. No need to fret! We’ve got you covered.
Something to keep in mind first is, steaks, stew meat, and ground beef are going to be way easier to thaw quickly than say a roast or brisket. But let’s be honest, you’re in a rush so quick cooking cuts are ideal anyway.
How to Thaw the Beef!
- Remove the vacuum sealed package of Foxhollow Farm 100% Grassfed Beef from the freezer.
- Grab a bowl and place it in the sink. Place your still vacuum sealed beef in the bowl and fill the bowl with cold tap water.
- Running Water. Change out the water every 20 minutes (The frozen beef is like ice cubes and makes the water too cold for efficient thawing if not changed out every so often).
- Smaller items, like steaks and ground beef, should thaw within 30 minutes to an hour. Larger items will take longer...about 45 minutes per pound.
- Quickly cook, and slowly enjoy it with friends and family!