IngredientsServes 6-8 Sirloin Tip Roast
- 1 3-4lb Foxhollow sirloin tip roast
- ½ cup minced fresh spring herbs, such as cilantro, dill, mint, chives, basil and tarragon
- 1 garlic clove per lb of roast, grated
- the zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil per lb of roast
- 2 tbs grapeseed or other neutral, high heat oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbs pure horseradish (not prepared, check the refrigerated section of the deli aisle)
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- the juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbs minced spring herbs, the same blend as used for the roast
InstructionsSirloin Tip Roast Plan ahead & marinate the meat overnight. Combine the minced herbs, garlic, lemon zest, kosher salt, black pepper & olive oil in a bowl & mix. Pat the roast dry & rub the herb marinade over all sides of the roast. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap & refrigerate for 12-24 hours. Remove the beef 1 hour before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature.
Preheat the oven to 250°. Warm a cast iron skillet over medium high heat & add the grapeseed oil. Once the oil is hot but not smoking, sear the roast for 2-3 minutes on each side, until well browned all over. Transfer the roast to a cooking rack set on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Roast for 25-30 minutes per lb, or until a thermometer entered in the thickest part of the meat reaches 125° for medium rare. Remove from the oven & allow to rest, uncovered, for 30 minutes before slicing against the grain. Serve with horseradish herb cream alongside.
Horseradish Herb Cream Combine the sour cream, horseradish, garlic, lemon juice, salt & pepper in a bowl. Whisk until well blended. Taste & adjust the seasoning to your preference. Stir in the herbs. Serve alongside the sirloin tip roast. Salud!